Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Reading Notes: The Twelve Huntsmen


(Lion: Pixabay)

In this story, it begins by describing the king’s son and his bride. His father then gets sick and calls for him. I wonder why he didn’t live with his father in the first place. I can add more to this and explain why they didn’t live together. His mother, the queen, was not in this story as well. I can include her or add in what happened to her. I can also talk about how he met his wife or the love of his life. It would be interesting to know why things are the way they are. I can also add why the King wanted him to marry a certain person. Since there was a lion in this story, I can use him as a different character. The son will soon marry the girl that his father wished he marry and the lion will serve as a messenger between the bride and the son. 


Bibliography: Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm, translated by Edgar Taylor and Marian Edwardes, with illustrations by R. Anning Bell (1912).Web source

No comments:

Post a Comment